Monday 10 October 2011

Candian Thanksgiving in Uganda

Even though we are all the way over here Uganda, we decided that we could not go without a Ugandan version of a Thanksgiving dinner, complete with roasted chickens, stuffing and all the other fixings. We decided to do chicken instead of turkey because the turkey here isn’t as good as the ones at home, and it would have required it to be made from “scratch” (this meant that it would have to be killed, plucked and dipped in brine). We all made our contributions to the meal and had a good time celebrating thanksgiving Canadian style over here in Uganda.


Thanks Grandma for your homemade apple pie recipe! I made it from scratch just like you taught me and it worked out (surprisingly) amazing. I was really excited to show you what I accomplished!

Hope everyone’s weekend is full of food, family and lots of fun. Always remember to count your blessings and be thankful for everything you have at home in Canada because just being away from home and in a different part of the world has definitely made me appreciate what I do have back home in Canada. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment